Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Of Rubber bands and Waistlines

On March 17, 1845, Stephen Perry of the rubber manufacturing company Messers Perry and Co, Rubber Co Manuf London patented the fist rubber bands made of vulcanized rubber. Perry invented the rubber band to hold papers or envelopes together.

Why am I telling you this? Because the inventor of the rubber band should have a monument in every maternity section in every store across the nation.

Why do I say this? I noticed my pants were a bit tight on me. A bit tight last night, yeah right. They were downright painful!

So...today I had to change the way I wear my work clothes. Rubberbands through buttonholes. Definitely an expanding waistline.

Thank you so very much Mr. Perry. You've made it so I can wait til the weekend to buy my first set of maternities. :-) At 11 weeks and finally showing...not a bad thing.

I'm out.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Sidhe said...

Oh hon. You could NEVER be unimportant, less important or anything less than wonderful! I love you, and can't wait to see you!

8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home