Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Happy Veteran's Day

Happy Veteran's Day. I know it's tomorrow, but we have parades today and tomorrow in honor. I just wanted to say: to all the people who serve and who have served whether it was two weeks to 30+ years...Thank you.

It's a hard thing leaving the life you know behind and taking up the responsibilities of a military member. Even harder when you've been sent to places you don't understand, for sometimes 3 to 4 years, cultures you'd never be comfortable in, and do it because your C-I-C says to. It's not easy, but you do it, or have done it.

About half of the population lives in their hometowns (or within a 100 mile radius). Of the remaining half, almost 75% of them never move from their state.

That says something for our military members right there.

So, once again. Happy Veteran’s Day. I hope you know you’re appreciated.

I’m out.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home