Tuesday, October 31, 2006

NaNo Eve

Well all...it's the Eve of NaNoWriMo. Am I ready? LOL. No. My house, while mostly clean, is not organized enough for HTE to feel comfortable. Nor is it organized enough to keep me from using my avoidance cards: ie...not writing b/c of this or that.

My writing area is horrible. I have so many of my works in progress out...Add to that the stuff I'd pulled out of my trunk when the hinges ripped out (long story) and the stuff that had been placed there b/c it needed to be "filed" and you MIGHT have an idea.

Anyway, I have to finish this tonight. Last night I had a massive bake sale scramble. I made Russian tea cakes (a HUGE success), chocolate chip cookies (HTE has said many times how much he "hates them" as he munches one or two), single serve pudding pies with graham cracker crusts, and butterscotch brownies (more spice than sweet. They're called butterscotch b/c of their color, not their taste...and they were gone in a minute). We raised over $350 for our Christmas Party and I happily supplied half the goodies. Not bad for $20 worth of ingredients! It's almost always cheaper to bake from scratch. The little one was incredibly fussy yesterday. Which, of course, made getting anything done difficult.

So today is the day to get this stuff done. We should have almost all of it finished within an hour or two, then it's on to my desk while HTE tackles his. It's Halloween so we have to dress up the kenderkin as Superman and take lots of pictures. :-)

I have a ton of training to complete before the day is out. So, to all...have a very safe Halloween/Samhain. To Lady D...Happy Birthday hon. I hope it's a wonderful one.

To my fellow Nanites...Enjoy the day. I hope you guys are as stoked as I am to get started. Good luck!

To all, I'm out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home