Saturday, October 28, 2006

Enjoying Saturday Morning...Aliens???

It's 4 am. I'm enjoying a glass of Mountain Dew and trying to wake up. Little one got us up at 330 this morning. I'd slept through most of the night and I blame eye fatigue and mental exhaustion for that fluke.

I had some disturbing dreams,but that usually happens when I run my head in circles for most of the night.

We turned on the TV, hoping to find something very interesting to watch. It's Saturday morning, so good cartoons should be on, right? Um, no. The normal 4 am chaff is on all the cartoon stations. What about local stuff? Again, no. Nothing but self help talk shows or cultural spotlights. I have nothing against any of these, but who in the WORLD has proper brain function at this time? WHY would they have stuff on that would make me THINK this early? LOL. No offense to those who are wide "awake" at this time. I just happen to not be one of them.

So what do I do? I start searching the stations and what do I find? Aliens! Oh yes, baby, Aliens! Part two of a very awesome sci fi horror series. Why not! It's October, the middle of the night on a weekend, and I needed something to watch. So, I sit here listening to Ripley destroy the queen's nest and realize...this was one of the best sci fi horrors I've ever seen. Why?

*Warning: stop reading if you've never seen Aliens. Go out, buy the set and come back. If you don't want to, shame on you. Otherwise, keep reading*

You have Ripley...a strong female lead...betrayed and disillusioned at the beginning. She's full of bitterness and trusts no one. You have an alien sub culture, a hive mind. Her ultimate evil foe, right? Nope. The evil in the story is the Corporation. You see an entire mining colony decimated by aliens, destruction everywhere. But why? Why did everyone die? B/C it was an experiment by the Wayland Corp. To see survival possibilities against them, to study them. So...is it the bug or the person that was the bad guy? I say the person. LOL.

I love it! Anyway, it's later in the morning and I'm about to start my day.

Grab a bite, do some NaNo food shopping, then tackle the rest of the house. Maybe I'll be able to sand down my cabinet today too. Hmmm.

It's the 3 month anniversary of kenderkin's birth! Happy 3 month day!

Well we're out the door, so let me pub really quick before I forget again.

I'm out. Have a great day.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kim Knox said...

I'm with you on the joy of Aliens - especially the Director's Cut.

I think Riply was my model for h's in my stories all the way through the ninties LOL

4:01 PM  
Blogger The Sidhe said...

I totally agree. :-) She's one of the strongest female leads I've ever seen. I can appreciate how feeling vulnerable, terrified, and angry can tear you up. Yet she still grits her teeth and pulls through. I Love it!

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home