Thursday, November 16, 2006

Chili bust

*sigh* The record is still held by the bragging lady of my previous post. My dearest HTE's chili was ONCE AGAIN completely gone (ie eaten!!!!!) yet he didn't place first. Maybe next year, love. His chili, btw, is one of the best chilis I've ever eaten. Hands down. Packed with delicious and well blended flavor, heat slowly increases as you eat it until you've eaten the entire bowl and realize you're sweating...fantastic.

Anyway, my chili never made it to the block. I needed a crock pot, it didn't show up until too late, so I couldn't heat it up in time for the judging.

They, apparently, want to do another fund raiser in a couple of weeks. Bring in some"crock-pot" creation so they can raise more money for the Christmas Party. The Chairperson or LIC (Lady in Charge) told me this with much enthusiasm. "How exciting! We asked them (the students) what they wanted 1. bake sale or 2. cooked lunch to buy. They said they wanted cooked lunch! Great, huh?" Umm, hang on a sec...let's do the math:

bake sale: I supplied 2 dozen chocolate chip cookies, 10 packages of russian tea cookies, and 16 graham cracker crusted mini pudding pies. cost: less than $20 The bakesale brought in $400 something. No I wasn't the only contributor, but I did contribute half the goods.

chili cookoff: 2 pots of chili (one of which wasn't sold). Total bowls contributed: 15. cost: almost $100. The cookoff brought in $262. The only contributor? No. Only one pot of 9.

So, no, not great. Am I thrilled? No. Will I give something? Yeah, Chips or sodas. I'm done cooking for the Christmas Party. Very done. I could have bought 12 tickets by now. Or, bought the two I need and have $100 toward possible babysitting cost. I got a thank you. That was something.

Maybe I'm grumpy about it...but when I've given this much, why WHY do you keep coming to me to give more? You're burning me out. Did I tell her that? No. I'm bringing chips or soda and that's it. Done for the rest of the year.

Update on NaNo...ummm, I have not been writing. I've been making chili instead. LOL.

To all, I'm out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home