Sunday, September 24, 2006

Blurry Days

Our little Kender will be four weeks old on Monday. My how time flies. I have three weeks left of my maternity leave and I wonder how hard it's going to be for me to leave the little one and the day to day we've created.

Breastfeeding has become impossible. I've almost completely dried up so he's become a formula baby. His doc appt finds him very healthy and growing like a weed. The little one has kept Mom and Dad jumping through hoops and if it wasn't for HTE sometimes I think I'd go mad.

Last night was especially difficult since nothing soothed him except sleeping on Momma. I've learned the art of surviving sleep deprivation.

The fur brother has pushed us to the limit with his antics: tearing up baby diapers, running away, ignoring our commands (very unlike him), etc. We'd think it was jealousy if he wasn't so protective of the baby.

I'm healing very well and look forward to getting back to working out. I haven't been this light in quite a few years. I never thought having a baby would be a great weight loss program. LOL.

Grandma and Grandpa will be coming to visit in the next couple of weeks so the house is a flurry of activity trying to make sure we are completely moved in. I find out next week if my ankle's completely healed from its fracture. I hope so. My knees are starting to ache from the modified walk of my stiff ankle. Get me into physical therapy so I can rework the tendons and loosen them up. Right now they've atrophied.

Well all, the little one is waking up and I have some writing to get to.

To my family: I love you all.
Thank you, my love, for the much needed rest. You amaze me every day.
To my friends: I'll chat with you all as I can.

Congratulations to Kim. I KNEW you'd sell well. Check it out here: Buying Mackenzies Baby

I'm out.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kim Knox said...

Thanks, AF

You've doubly earned your dedication in the next one, ;-)

Kim Rees

5:01 PM  
Blogger The Sidhe said...

You are more than welcome! LOL.

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home