Thursday, October 19, 2006

I hear the wind whisper, but what does it say?

*sigh* Another long day of paper pushing. I'm honestly glad I chose a mechanical careerfield instead of admin. I can't imagine how much more I'd have to do if it was my ACTUAL job. It's great to get back to teaching. I didn't realize until yesterday how much I missed interracting with students. Watching confusion change into that "ah-ha" moment. That's the good stuff and the only highlight of this job at the moment.

New management in our block is making waves and I couldn't be happier. Kick some upper management in the rear and get them motivated! What a wonderful thing. So now, instead of focusing on all the drama and the back biting, I can really focus on why I'm here. To Teach...Well. I can focus on my career and contemplate the future.

What does that mean?

I'm glad you asked. *huge grin*

I have a wonderful family at home. The kenderkin and HTE are the greatest motivators I've ever had. Staying home with them for a couple of months really opened my eyes. I want a future that's safer than the one I have now. Being a teacher is wonderful, but being a military member is carrying its fair share of hazards. I've done almost 9 years of service. Am I ready to move onto something new?

Yet, I love the opportunities that the military provides, both for my family and me. I love meeting new people and moving every three or four years to a new state. Right now, I love my job. Have I always? no. But then again, that was before HTE and the Kender.

So the wind is shifting and starting to blow. Which direction? I'm not quite sure yet. I do know, however, that when I make a decision it'll be unmovable, and all energy will flow to that direction.

Til then, I'm counting down the minutes til I can be with my family. I miss them so much, but the routine is helping. I have a ton of work to do, so I'm off to push more paper.

I wonder how the Ladies are doing. I haven't heard from them since they said they'd call back.
I know the boys are having a wonderful time in school. Even if little Runner has one boy in class that's bigger and faster than him. LOL. It seemed to make him very upset.

I miss you all.

To all, I'm out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home