Sunday, October 22, 2006

NaNoWriMo

A new language? A new phrase? nope. NaNoWriMo is National Novel Writing Month. It starts 1 November and lasts 30 days. This insanity is a 50K novel challenge. Can you write 50K words of a novel within 30 days? Here's the website if you're interested. http://www.nanowrimo.org/

What made me decide to do this? I was home with HTE and the little one for over two months. I had every intention of writing, but couldn't seem to get past this or that. I need a shove to get me moving. So, NaNoWriMo fell in my lap with a "little" help from my fellow writing friends. Join the other thousands of people across the world in the month of November. Try out the insanity. :-) I looked at my busy life and realized...with all the million things to do in a day, why not add one more? Is it really that big of a deal? An extra two hours a day focused on this experience. Why not?

So, I did what any sane Newlywed and New Mother with no time would do...I dragged my husband with me. *huge grin* So...HTE's been recruited. That way we can BOTH get our collective butts motivated.

The founder of NaNo says this...most people allow fear of failure prevent them from completing this one goal. Fear of failing the story, yourself, or any number of other things. So just do it. Editing comes later.

So...I'll be hibernating soon. If any of my buds want to email or IM me, please keep me on the straight and narrow.

Back to the grind of work tomorrow.

Well, I have a house to clean and organize before I can feel comfortable enough to get started in a couple of weeks.

To all, I'm out. And the kenderkin is calling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home