Monday, December 11, 2006

Christmas happenings...

I like random trivia. So here's one for you. What is NOEL? Does it mean Christmas? Is it just a song? So I looked it up. Noel is the Christmas Season aka yuletide. The dates? December 24th through January 6th.

Warning, Rant coming.

An international airport in the US pulled down their massive Christmas Trees this year. All six of them. Why? Because some bonehead was suing them so that they'd put up a menora next to their trees. Now, don't get me wrong all...I am in no way shape or form insulting the Jewish religion. I respect their culture and beliefs very much. But let me ask you all a question...where did the Christmas Tree originate? No one really knows. There are thousands of legends surrounding it. I do know a lot of Christian traditions and holidays were absorbed from pagan religions. Why? If you keep the celebration at the same time but change the name, it's easier to bring the unbelievers into the folds, so to speak. We KILL a tree, put it in some water for a month, then throw it away at the end. How is this religious symbolism? A tree is tradition, not a sacred symbol. So, if the airport changes for one person, how many other religions are going to scream in rage that they're religion isn't represented. I commend the airport for their stance. Get rid of all of it, we're too damn busy to cater to everyone's needs. Let's focus on getting people to and from safely.

Stop being ridiculous. PC is getting on my nerves. It's a HOLIDAY season. If I'm not Jewish or Christian or Interested at all, don't force it on me. That being said, I've a decorated tree, stockings, and quite a few pressies under the tree. I love the Christmas Season. It's my favorite holiday. I love the joy of the season, the giving that commences and the incredible sales. :-)

To all, I'm out. Rant over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home